Sunday, May 18, 2008

Happy Anniversary Darlin'...................

Step 1 before you continue reading this post. You must go to my playlist and listen to Alabama's, "Forever's as far as I'll go." Yes that was "our song", the song we danced to etc. etc. cheesy I know but it still makes me get teary eyed. And If I ever am so mad at my hubby if I listen to it, I soften up.





This was the picture that we used for our announcement.

This picture was taken at the spot where Andrew asked me to marry him. It went something like this.......... Sandi....... (gets on on knee) will you marry me?? Then he says, "I don't have a ring yet..... but I have a good set of knives!" (he at the time was selling cutco knives) I mean...... wow! how romantic! How could I ever resist!! (by the way.. the knives have been great!)Wouldn't it be nice if someday I could actually fit back in to my dress??? Wishful thinking!

My bridesmaids...... left to right, Muriel, my sister and my maid of honor, Jen (Jenny foy foy) my cousin, Michelle (Meesh) friend and Kristen (Kwissy) friend. Thanks for being there for me. And I know Kris had to sacrifice going to her senior prom for me! Thanks a bunch! You're a true friend! And of course if you were confused I am the one in the middle in white!

Ok, so now I will finish this entry by finally responding to a tag that I received from Jen once or twice before. It only seems fitting now that it is my anniversary!


How long have you been married? 13 years today! (is that a bad omen?)

How long did you date? Hold on to your seats...........10days before engagement, 3months of engagement.

How old is He? 34

Who eats more sweets? I would say we tie in that department.

Who said, "I love you" first? Probably Andrew, I am not sure. I probably have it written down in my journal somewhere, but I am not that ambitious to look it up right now.

Who is taller? Andrew

Who can sing better? Me

Who is smarter? It depends on the subject. But with an associates degree behind him and schooling coming up, I guess Andrew.

Who does the laundry? Me, but he knows how and does help out when he can.

Who does the dishes? The kids!!!!!!!! We all do them. Again, Andrew does do them when he is home and can. However, when we were first married, in one of our first places with no dishwasher, Andrew was washing dishes and broke a glass and cut his wrist open. I am now thinking that he did that on purpose so that I would never let him do dishes again! J/K!

Who pays the bills? I do. It stresses Andrew out to much.

What are his hobbies? Tools, building stuff, woodworking, computers, camping, being with his family, watching Sci-Fi stuff.

Who sleeps on the right side of the bed? He does.

What are his guilty pleasures? Collecting Junk! (well at least that is what I think it is.) But that junk made us a butt load of money at our garage sale last summer! We tease him because he is not afraid to dumpster dive!! I guess the statement, "One man's junk, is another man's treasure" really fits him.

Who mows the lawn? He does. I have on occasion if needed.

Who is his best friend? I would say me.

Who cooks? Me and it is not something I love to do. He has also cooked on occasion, he actually made our first roast and made one for the neighbors who needed a meal. And I will add it was good too!

Who drives? I do a lot just because when he drives he just mosey's along and it drives me nuts! He would say that I speed but I usually am within 5 miles of the speed limit and he is usually under 5 miles! My brother once asked if Andrew ever drove. But he actually drives a lot more now and I would say we are about even.

Who wears the pants? Probably pretty even. Maybe me a little more than him.

Who kissed who first? He kissed me.

What was your first date? It was on Valentines day 1995. We went to see the live action movie Jungle book and then went to Village in for Hot Chocolate. After we were married I read in his journal about our first date. He commented on how expensive the movie was ($5.50 per person) and how that would be the last time he ever spent that much on a movie!!


Who proposed? He did. (see above with picture)

Who has more siblings? He does. He is one of 10 and I am one of 6.

What is your favorite thing about him? There are a lot of things.......He loves his children so much and loves to spend time with them. He changes diapers, feeds, clothes, bathes and watches them. He has always looked at this as both of our responsibility! Actually, I think that he did more night feedings with Raegen than I did since I wasn't breast feeding. He is an awesome dad!! He treats me with love and respect and has never treated me like he was above me because he was the man of the house. He is a hard worker, people that he has worked for always comment on how hard he works! Again there are many more things!!

I tag........anyone who wants to take the time! NO PRESSURE.









8 comments:

Muriel said...

I am so proud of you and all you did on your blog. Love the picure of the ginormous rocking chair. I seriously didn't even see Raegan. And then I thought she was a doll. And by doll I don't mean a cute girl, I mean a real doll (although she is a cute girl).

Lacee said...

That was so fun to read, and I absolutely love the pictures! So fun, thanks for sharing! ~Lacee

Andi said...

Loved the pictures.

10 days!?! I remember it being short, but I didn't realize that short. I guess when you know you've got something good you don't have to waste time figuring it out.

Happy Anniversary!

jenn w said...

I forgot that he proposed after 10 days!

Btw, i only tagged you once. Meemoo tagged you the other (shoe) tag. Sorry for the PRESSURE ;) That was a lot of work for you. Nicely done Sand, nicely done.

During you stay in TN, will you be near Murfreesburo? I need to call you! And that pic of me is bagahgah! Happy Anniversary!

kellie said...

Happy Anniversary!

That was a great post. I do remember some of those stories you told me once upon a time in a land far far away called Highlands Ranch. I love the wedding pictures. You guys are so cute!

Can you believe you have been married that long?

Kristy said...

Sandi-
So much has happened! Whoah, congrats to Andrew and you and the move sounds exciting, a pain to move, but exciting none the less! Happy late birthday! Olive Garden mmmmm good times! Also happy late anniversary. I hope you got the invite for our blog! Let me know if not!

darce said...

Sandi,
I love the pics of the engagement and wedding although you 2 look about 15! But I guess that's about right since you've been married for 13 years so you must only be about 28....At least I know I am always the oldest one around!:) Life sounds busy but exciting for you guys. Good luck with everything.

=) {{~!!MAL!!~}} (= said...

Hey mom, your awesome i love you
love your blog too when are you gonna post that video of me and Erika?? any way love ya ~Mal