Thursday, February 28, 2008

Sick of Being Sick

I know that the whole country has been bombarded with sickness this past season, and we have had our fair share. But I am so sick of everyone being sick. Trenton missed almost 2 weeks of school in Jan. for having Strep throat and then getting the flu. Trenton never really 100% got rid of his cough from the flu but the past couple of days it has gotten worse. Now he came down with the fever again last night and is totally sick again!! Malory never got the flu but earlier in Nov./Dec. had tonsilitis, strep and bad colds and stomache flu. Now just in Feb. she missed one day the first week with throw ups etc and then last week missed one day with the same and then she missed tues. of this week with the same! My bro in law who is a Dr. thinks she may have gastritis (sp?) or something. I don't know. 2 of the times she had diarreah and fever with it. Raegen has had her fair share of snotty nose, coughing and teething. I had the flu that took 2 weeks to get over and now I am feeling heavy in chest again and phlegmy! My kids have never been sick this much before. I've heard that sometimes when you move to a different climate that you get more sick the first year that you are there. Anyone ever heard the same? Anyone think this is a little much or have you all been just as sick? Luckily, Andrew hasn't really gotten anything. If he misses school he'd be in trouble.

3 comments:

Muriel said...

Just before I finished reading this my thought was that you needed to move up here to Idaho where it is so cold that I don't even think germs can survive. It could be the climate, it could make sense.

jenn w said...

Yes, lucky that Andrew has not caught anything. With all that, I dont know how he has avoided it. Poor Kids. Poor you! Rod just caught this near death bug last friday but was totally better by tues. I stayed away the whole time, just got back and so far so good....

Andi said...

The joys of going to school with lots of other sick kids?!

I don't know about the new climate thing. But, it does seem like when you're in a new environment things are different. So, here's to a germ-free summer! (Hopefully!)