Sunday, February 3, 2008

Our pets heads are falling off!!

If you know this line from Dumb and Dumber then you know what I am talking about. Nothing is going right for Lloyd and Harry and so much so that they even believe that their poor pet parakeet thats head was ripped off had actually just fallen off because of their bad luck!

Anyway, the point is not that there aren't people out there that have it worse than us and I am grateful for all we have... But, seriously..... As I am sick in bed last week with influenza (reminder get a flu shot every year) and still getting over it. I get a call from work letting me know that they are going to be changing my position and really need someone that is in Utah that can attend meetings etc. Now, they did offer to help us move back and I was flattered at that. But the purpose of us moving here was not for me to secure a job, but for Andrew to finish or continue I should say his schooling. So that one day in the far future when we grow up we may actually have a steady living etc. But for now seeing how my income, my measley income was over half of our monthly income, it hurts. To try to be positive I know that the Lord knows what is best and I will try with all of my might to hold on to that thought.

13 comments:

Lacee said...

Man Sandi, I'm so sorry about your pet's head! Seriously, what a rough week! Ick, you actually have the flu, no fun. That so stinks about your job! I'll put a few prayers for you also. Let us know if there's anything we can do to help. ~Lacee

sandi said...

Thanks Lacee!

adam weber said...

Nice Dumb & Dumber quote. Well just remember if it gets real bad you can always sell your pets to your unsuspecting neighbors for money. j/k

sandi said...

I just thought he was quiet!

jenn w said...

Thats too bad about your job. I hope the "pet" situation gets better for your family. Lloyd and Harry sure hit it big and everything worked out well for them in the end! I love your playlist. Its like a soundtrack to sandi's life. You've got cinderella, poison...wait do you have poison? You need poison:) I love that SELENA song, as I love that movie. Its really the only J-LO anything i like.

jenn w said...

Just when I thought you couldn't get any dumber, you go and do something like this... and totally redeem yourself!

sandi said...

I have 2 poison songs on there right now. I have Ride the wind and Every rose has its thorn. I think the next playlist I will make will be a Jen-e-fur list. It will have songs like, Turn the radio up, endless summer nights and Daddy's Hands! Oh daddy's Handsh!

jenn w said...

Dont forget a few Def Leppard songs on that playlist. I added that song you were talking about on my blog. Its at the top. I have the CD-from the stone ages. :)

kellie said...

Hey Sandi, that sure is lame. I hope you start feeling better soon. You always know that things will work out, but sometimes it just takes so stinkin' long.
You Can DOOOO it. Love ya, man. Hang in there! We will keep you in our prayers.

Liz said...

Don't forget WHAM-BAM-IAM-AMAN!

apyknowzitall said...

Yeah I hate those faith building experiences. I'm facing a couple now and I hate the unknown. Hang in there.

FYI when our pet parakeet died I took him to Joe and said "Pretty bird." He laughed his head off. Kind of demented but... you know

Kristy said...

Sandi-
It's so good to hear from you! I love your blog. I can't believe how big Trenton and Malory are getting! And Reagen is beautiful! And you are looking GOOOOOOOOD girl! I need to do whatever your doing!

Kristy said...

p.s. I'm sure sorry to hear about your job. That stinks! We're also going through a challenging phase right now and sometimes it would be nice to have a crystal ball wouldn't it? It'll work out!