Thursday, February 21, 2008

The partying is over!

Trenton's b-day is on Jan. 18th. He turned 9 this year! We started on the 18th and had cake, ice cream and opened his presents.

Andrew had to work the night of the 18th so the next night we went to Amarillo so Trenton could spend his birthday money and to go to dinner. He was able to buy a new skateboard and new roller blades with his birthday money. We then ate at a very touristy place called "The Big Texan" They are famous for their 72oz steak challange. That is if you eat the entire 72 oz and everything that goes with it, salad, rolls, side dish etc. in 1 hour then it is free. If you decide to take on the challange then they have this special table on a stage where everyone can see and take pictures. Yes a few guys took on the challange when we were there! I don't know how anyone could actually eat all of it, it was HUGE! If you did I think you might end up in the hospital afterwards! Anyway, We of course couldn't pass the opportunity to take the kids picture in the ginormous rocking chair! And we had fun playing a few rounds at the shoot out area. Fun place to go for the kids. They all got free cowboy hats. But it is very expensive so I don't know that we'll be going back again anytime soon.


Finally, on Feb. 15th we had Trenton's party with friends. We had to wait this long because the roller rink was booked out until then. When you live in a small town there is not a lot of choices for parties and the skate park is the "HOT" place right now. I know this is blurry but it is Trenton showing us how to limbo on roller blades.
Trenton wanted to have brownies and ice cream in stead of cake.
So Trenton the little lover boy, decided to ask this girl sitting by him to be his girlfriend! Her name is Macey and she has had a crush on him all year long. Kids are funny. It cracks me up!



13 comments:

jenn w said...

Ok, first of all, I had no idea the backstreet boys sang that incomplete song. I have always loved that song.

Anyway, I cant believe Trenton is a big 9 year old. WOW. Looks like you guys had a lot of fun! What a little lady killer with Macey too. How funny!

jenn w said...

And, oh yeah-remember my George Strait thing? Thanks to your latest post, Ive had 'Amarillo By Morning' stuck in my head all night. Which is not a bad thing. I think I've seen a feature of that Steak place on some tv channel. Maybe it was Drive Ins, Diners and Dives, cant remember.

sandi said...

how could I forget your george strait thing. Oh and your Tom Chambers thing and your..... could go on and on. But I was just as bad with my Lou Diamond Phillips! yuck what was I thinking?

jenn w said...

Hey,

But my obsessions have toned down alot as ive gotten older! :) I know theres been a zillion...

sandi said...

then there was BL from AI last season! But yes they have toned down. But those are some of the reasons I love you so much!!

Unknown said...

It looks like you had a lot of fun. I'm glad Trenton had a happy birthday.

Kristy said...

Looks like a lot of fun! I can't believe how big Trenton is getting and he's so good on roller blades!
Lou Diamond Phillips...Really?
What happened to Ewan McGregor? I remember driving around late singing from Moulan Rouge with Jan!

sandi said...

Lou was clear back in like '88 or something. I still am obsessed with Ewan!

jenn w said...

Are you? Ok, I wasnt sure. Then I better admit to my new celebrity crush on Jeremy Sisto. I still like Blake, he just sorta disapeared since Idol didnt he. I think Im allowed a couple celebrity crushes in my old age...

jenn w said...

Sorry for going comment crazy but i forgot to say that I love your new profile pic! You pretty!

sandi said...

Thanks! And please go comment crazy! And sorry but, who is Jeremy Sisto?

Liz said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lily=] said...

that is hilarious he just asks a girl too be his girlfriend... but in a way thats cute... and umm... did she say yes?