Friday, October 5, 2007

my calling

I guess, I forgot to tell everyone. But now some of you know. my calling in our ward is the 2nd counselor in the primary presidency. My sis in law is the president so it will be good to work with her. I guess I am in charge of the program. Kellie has already given me some great ideas, thanks kellie, but if anyone else has any I would love to hear them. (Tash, I know you've had your fair share of experience in the primary). Thanks!

7 comments:

Muriel said...

Just because you have a blog, doesn't mean you can't still call occasionally. I had a dream last night that we got in a huge fight and you spit at me.

sandi said...

You also can call. And funny thing... I had a dream that I spit on you too! J/K!! I am missing you so much right now and wishing we had a few days to sit around in our comfies with no makeup and some goodies and scrapbook all day!! I miss you!

Natasha Hawkins said...

Wow! Congrats on the new calling. Yes, I am first consellor in primary right now, and have had my fair share of time in primary, which I love. We are working on our program right now, it is at the end of November. What we did this year to make it easier on us was collect the talks of all the children throughout the entire year, and then just use their own lines to write the program. Of course, this probably wouldn't work in your case because you were just recently called. However, we did Kellie's idea last year and broke it up into classes, gave them each a theme and questions, and then had the teacher help them write their answers. We then used this to put the program together. It worked well, just a bit more time consuming then simply collecting the talks. As of now, we don't have a cute or catchy theme to go along with what we are doing, but the theme, I'll Follow Him in Faith, could be used with footprints or pictures of different shoes, and the kids telling how they can follow Him. Just an idea. We actually used that one 3 years ago with a different theme. Good luck, I know you'll be GREAT!

Natasha Hawkins said...

How do you fix your spelling on your posts? Is there a way? Look at the way I spelled counselor! What was going on there?

sandi said...

Don't know how you fix it after you publish. No big deal though. It happens to the best of us! Thanks for your input

jenn w said...

update your blog already! (i should talk)

jenn w said...

i updated. we have internet now!