Wednesday, February 25, 2009

She's in braids!



So here are some pictures of my First attempt at corn rows!  I have been researching and wanting to try for a while now and I finally got ambitious today and gave it a whirl!  They're obviously not the best but I think for a first shot I did pretty good.  What do you think?


Isn't that the biggest grin you have ever seen?







10 rows total and it took me about 2 hours!  Thanks to popcorn and Dora Raegen held still and was a real trooper!  And she thinks she looks pretty good.  After every braid she would ask, "What doin' mom?" then she would want to see it in the mirror and would grin from ear to ear!  

15 comments:

Muriel said...

Cute! Too Cute! And I love how proud she is. Good job Sandi!

Kelly said...

Wow! I'm impressed! She is so stinkin cute!!! Saddie won't even sit still for 10 min for me to do her hair, then she pulls it out 20 min. later! (I have a friend who adopted a little 3 year old and she did corn rows with the extensions. So cute!)

Melissa said...

That's way good for a first try. Good job you!

jenn w said...

I love how its parted to the side like that...so cute! I was wondering how in the world you got her to hold still for all that, then i saw the popcorn and movie..Good job sista! what doin' mom? ADORIBLE.

Becky said...

Wow! I am impressed! She is so cute! I love that first pic.

Rachel B said...

Cute, Cute, Cute... I leave the state for 2 days and look what happens, you do a post and I didn't see it for two whole days!

Andi said...

Oh, I love them! And of course the ribbons... my favorite.

Natasha Hawkins said...

LOVE IT!! You are totally amazing, and I am very impressed. She is the cutest thing ever and I am missing seeing her!

Liz said...

good job sandi! it looks so cute! we used to do that to our hair before a volleyball game in high school, but it didn't look as cute as it does on raegan!

LaNell Brown said...

That is awesome they look great.

Nancy Webb said...

Sandi, you just rock. That's a great job and Raegen is so cute

Kimmie said...

Well done!! She looks adorable and so happy. All that work and time was not in vain. It looks great Miss Ambitious!

kellie said...

Impressive! YOU are amazing and AWESOME!!

Rachel B said...

Hi Sandi, long time no see! Thanks for your comment, and actually, at the time of THIS particular tantrum, I did laugh my butt off at the little brat! Shortly after thou, he decided to try his head banging move (smacking his head against something for attention) and quickly ended himself in bed! Opps, I'm not sure that was the sort of attention he was going for!

Michelle said...

She looks so cute. I can't believe how big she has gotten! Guess that means that it has been too long since I have seen you guys.