Monday, July 14, 2008

Upon arrival...............

So we (the kids and I) flew in to the Salt Lake airport on Sat. the 12th. When we got off of the elevator we were immediately in a crowd of people with a sign saying, W E L C O M E H O M E T R E V O R !! Each letter on its own piece of poster board. Well being in Salt Lake one can only assume that it is for a missionary returning. But Malory and Trenton asked what I thought it was all about and my reply was most likely a missionary but also could be a soldier from Iraq. We proceed to get the luggage and I have the kids waiting with our smart cart out of the way while I get our bags. In the meantime we hear screaming, clapping, and whistling. I looked over and noticed that it was a return missionary. So you might be asking yourself, why is Sandi telling us this story? Well it was what Trenton said when I got back to them with the bags. He said, "Hey mom, sounds like Trevor is here! I heard everyone screaming. And mom, I looked over there and saw a guy in a suit..... I think Trevor was a missionary." It was so funny. He says the funniest things sometimes.

On another note, Muriel picked us up from the airport we went straight to Cafe Rio in Layton for lunch. Kristen, Kody and their kids met us there for a quick lunch, mmmmm good! Then we had a quick stop at Costco and then headed up to Pocatello. So we are here now and excited for our time with Muriel, Matt and the kids!

8 comments:

Natasha Hawkins said...

Hey sandi,
Boy, has it been a long time since I have posted or talked to you. I love the updates on your blog, it is fun to see what you have been up to. Sounds like you're having a fun and busy summer! I got your post on my blog, and I updated at your request. Talk to you soon.
Tash

Natasha Hawkins said...

Also...Congrats to Andrew and your family on his acceptance into nursing school. I am so proud of him, and excited for all of you.

kellie said...

That is funny. But the question still remains...how long were you at Costco?

Andi said...

Enjoy your time there! We need to coordinate our trips better...

jodi kay said...

So glad you made it here finally!!! Have fun in Idaho! Hopefully we'll see you when you get back here to Salt Lake.

Liz said...

I'm so jealous. I want to be there with you and meemoo too! Have a good time you two!

jenn w said...

Sandi, I too am so jealous. Its just been way too long! Have fun! I'll be stalking both your blogs everynight to see if there are photos of your vacay.

darce said...

Too bad I didn't run into you at cafe Rio. I was there Monday night!:) I hope you're having fun.