Monday, March 10, 2008

Basketball

Malory really enjoyed her first year of playing basketball. She made 2 baskets all season and she was fouled once and went to the free throw line. She was a better defensive player than offensive, but she was a great hustler and she stole the ball several times!


She is # 3!

The girls had fun. I thought some teams were a little to competitive. Being 5th and 6th graders. One coach had his team full court pressing by the beginning of the 2nd quarter when the score was 2 to 2. A little over the top for me. I say let them go out there and have fun!


This was the game that she was at the line. I missed the picture of it though because I forgot that I had brought my camera!










7 comments:

jenn w said...

Go Mallory! Yeah some coaches take their jobs way too seriously. I was suprised to hear that the score of one of the games was only 2-2 by the second quarter! But these are little girls ;) What a good hustler Mal. She looks so cute in the pic with the water bottle. Seeing all those pics somehow brought back some fond Young Womens basketball memories..

Andi said...

Yeah for Mallory! I love the pictures and yes, it did bring back memories of YW basketball (with my mom trying to coach us while pregnant with Zak... my mom, the most unsporty type... they should've gotten your mom!).

Lacee said...

I love the pink uniforms, I'm sure their team was the cutest by far! Sounds like they had some intense games, with full court press and all. ~Lacee

kellie said...

Go Malory! Go Malory! It's your birthday! Go Malory! GO! GO! Go!

She is so cute!

I am helping to coach the YW bball team right now and boy oh boy! Do I love church basketball.

jenn w said...

Youve been tagged. Hop to.

kellie said...

Yes, I am totally on for Lunch on the 4th. I am looking forward to it.

Lily=] said...

SWEET I WAS ON A BASKETBALL TEAM ONCE AND I WAS # 3 TO!!!!! WEIRD. BUT TELL EVERYONE I SAID HI!!!!!



-LILY WEBB!!!