I just read a my sister's blog and realized why I don't blog as much anymore or haven't in a long time. She states how some use their blog as a creative escape, some as a journal and some to share memories with others. Then she goes on to talk about a blog that she stalks that the life of this person seems all to perfect and makes her look and feel like a bad mom for several reasons.
AAAH well, I think I figured it out, for me at least. I am not quite sure what type of blogger I want to be........ I think it is because I read others blogs and I LOVE the blogs of my friends that are witty, fun and creative! (yes Andi this is your's) But I also enjoy checking in on friends, family and others and see how they are spending there holiday or vacation or something crazy that went on in their home. I makes me feel like I am not alone in what I go through in the day to day. But sometimes I feel like, why do people care what we did for Easter or not. And I worry about my spelling and grammar and being judged so rather than blog and make my life seem like the fairy tale that it isn't, I just don't blog.
But really, I think that I have figured out that If I blog I need to do it because I want to, because I want to share my life with others, the good and the bad. And if someone wants to judge me for not being as witty or because I don't have a strong vocabulary or my grammar isn't used appropriately then oh well. That is their problem because this blog is for me and for those that care to see what is going on in my life.
The fact is, I am NOT a perfect mom, I am NOT a perfect person, I do NOT have a perfect life and for those that like to blog like they are perfect and Do have a perfect life. Well, for them I am sure that, that is what they need to do to help them cope and feel better about the crap that is going on in their life.
Ok, now....... the first person to count my mistakes in this post will win a prize!!
Audrey's Dance Recital
2 years ago
6 comments:
Very well said. And I do care what you did for Easter. :-)
And I won't comment on your grammar, because I'm not Alex. If I can understand what you're saying, then it's all good.
Sandi! I was so excited to see that my blogger list no longer said the last time you blogged was 6 months! If you saw all the blogs I saw with MAJOR grammer issues, it would make you feel like a Grammer Genius! And as for everything you do and don't do, I am interested. It is fun to keep up with the little things when you are living farther away from us that we can't get together!
Sandi- I LOVE YOU! I care about what you do! You moved away and left me so now i find out only what i get to read. I want to know the good, the bad and the UGLY! You need to keep me posted otherwise i am in the dark. Basically you need to blog because I want to know!
Katie
Couldn't count them. There were too many. Just kidding. I love blogging to see friends and family that I otherwise don't get to see very often. I was so glad to see that you posted again because I do come often to check on you guys. Love and miss you!
Melissa
Sandi, you are so great, maybe not perfect but totally great and I love you. I love hearing what you are doing and I love seeing you and Malory on FB once in a while (I actually don't get there very often) Kiss the kids for me and tell your husband that I am proud of what he is doing and one day things will be easier - well at least there will be more $ involved.
Sandi,
When I blog I have only a few people in mind - both grandma's who live far away and my kids who will one day (and do now) read through it. I say blog what you want to blog, and only when you want to blog it! No pressure.
grammar shrammer - who needs it?!:)
Post a Comment